This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
d trip on a high note Sunday, which would
04-17-2018, 03:18 PM
d trip on a high note Sunday, which would
SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Quarterback DeShone Kizer says Notre Dame players are remembering the pain they felt two years when they were embarrassed in a 49-14 loss to rival Southern California as the Fighting Irish prepare to finish a scuffling season on the road against the 12th-ranked Trojans.Coach, I remember, challenged us after that game to remember that feeling and every time we play against USC to try to bring that and allow that to fuel us, Kizer said. That feeling is still there. It fueled me last year and it will fuel me this year.The game against the Trojans (8-3), who have won seven straight after a 1/3 start, could be Kizers last with Notre Dame (4-7). He is being projected by many to be a first-round draft pick in the NFL, with some saying he could be a top-five pick.The 6-foot-4, 230-pound junior, who has two years of eligibility left, wasnt in reflective mood Tuesday when talking to reporters, declining to speculate about his future. But after a 34-31 loss to Virginia Tech on Saturday that ensured Notre Dames first losing season since Brian Kelly became coach in 2010, Kizer spent time on the field after the game with his parents and outgoing seniors taking in the scene with their families. Kizer, who completed just 3 of 15 passes for 36 yards in the second half against the Hokies, said he had done the same thing last year as well.I think its awesome to soak in the moment, Kizer said. That was our last game (at home) for the 2016 team and I think that it was an awesome opportunity to take it all in with my family. The ups and downs.Kizer has said he will make his decision after talking with his family when the season ends on Saturday. He talked two weeks ago about competing with Malik Zaire, whom he beat out this year for the starters job, and sophomore Brandon Wimbush, who redshirted this season, to be the starter next season, although many expect Zaire to switch to another school for his final year of eligibility after graduating from Notre Dame.Kizer was frank when talking to reporters after the loss to Virginia Tech about this seasons disappointments, with all seven losses being by eight points or less, three of those after leading by 10 points or more.I think that I did a good job of avoiding all your guys questions through all the other losses and at this point, what else am I supposed to say? he said. Its just unfortunate this is how the season has gone. I do believe that in every game we played, we had an opportunity to win. We beat ourselves, in a sense, from stupid penalties, stupid decisions on reads. I think that, once again, every opportunity that we have been out there, we have had a chance to win the game and for us to come up short by an average of something around five points on all those games, is very frustrating.Kizer said the announcement Tuesday by the NCAA that it was ordering Notre Dame to vacate 21 wins from the 2012 and 2013 seasons, which the school said it will appeal, will have no effect on the team as they prepare to play the Trojans.All we have in front of us is USC. Whatever comes from the past is not going to affect how we go about beating USC, he said.Kizer heads into the game against the Trojans with a 12-10 record as a starter after winning eight of his first nine starts. He burst on the scene when he rallied the Irish to a come-from-behind win over Virginia when he threw a 39-yard touchdown pass to Will Fuller with 12 seconds left after Zaire sustained a broken ankle.He describes this year as a learning season.Its easy to lead on top. Its difficult to lead when youre not on top, Kizer said. I think that as a quarterback who has seen both sides of this in two seasons here that personally I have tried my hardest to maintain who I am and the identity that I have as a leader, and its been tested on both sides.I think that moving forward I have to focus on maintaining that same style of leadership, being the same guy every day, and doing whatever it takes to lead an offense to a successful game and get as many wins as we can, he said.Whether that will be with the Irish or an NFL team remains to be seen.---More AP college football: http://www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25. Michael Wacha Jersey .C. -- Rodney Hood connected from all over the court while freshman Jabari Parker was busy swatting shots and scoring in transition. Roger Maris Jersey .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. http://www.authenticcardinalspro.com/customized/ . -- Yogi Ferrell orchestrates pretty much everything in Indianas offence. Kolten Wong Jersey . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shootaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over . Adam Wainwright Jersey .J. Ellis hit two-run homers and the NL West champion Los Angeles Dodgers defeated the San Diego Padres 4-0 Saturday night. LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Dodgers pitching rotation took another hit Saturday before they defeated the Boston Red Sox.Newly acquired starter Rich Hill was bumped from his scheduled start Sunday when remnants of another blister were found on his middle pitching finger after the left-hander played catch Friday, manager Dave Roberts said.I think with his recent history we want to be cautious and push his start date back, said Roberts, adding that Hill is listed as day to day and a future start date hasnt been determined.Hill was already on the 15-day disabled list with a blister on his finger when the Dodgers obtained him in a trade with the Oakland As on Monday. Brandon McCarthy (2-2, 2.16 ERA) will replace Hill as the Dodgers starter in Sundays rubber match of the series finale with the Red Sox. David Price (9-7, 4.26) will oppose McCarthy.Hill is one of 12 Dodger pitchers on the disabled list. Ace Clayton Kershaw (herniated disk) went on the 60-day disabled list earlier this week and isnt expected back until September. Bud Norris, who was recently acquired from the Atlanta Braves in a trade, was put on the 15-day disabled list on Saturday with a mild back strain.However, the Dodgers got a much-needed boost from rookie starter Ross Stripling on Saturday in a 3-0 decision against the Red Sox.Stripling (3-3) didnt overwhelm the Red Sox but struck out four and walked one while allowing four hits in five innings by the major leagues top offense. Stripling threw 755 pitches (49 strikes) before Roberts lifted him in the bottom of the fifth for pinch-hitter Chris Taylor.ddddddddddddIts a really good lineup and I think your mentality is to get the first guy out, but I really wanted to do that today, said Stripling, who threw 25 pitches in the first inning and escaped a bases-loaded jam. You dont want to give them any opportunities.Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said, Obviously, I cant say enough about Ross and the effort he gave us today. Weve put him in some tough spots that weve talked, but hes always risen to the occasion. He gave us a huge lift we needed.Relievers Grant Dayton and Joe Blanton combined for three scoreless innings before closer Kenley Jansen worked a perfect ninth for his 33rd save of the season.Red Sox manager John Farrell said the Red Sox missed opportunities against Stripling, particularly the first inning.First time that weve faced Stripling, Farrell said. He had a good overhand curveball, stayed out of the middle of the plate, (but) we had him on the ropes out of the get-go.The Red Sox would like to cap their 11-game road trip on a high note Sunday, which would allow them to win the series against the Dodgers and finish 6-5.Were in the last couple of months of the season, so whoever plays best the last couple of months are going to be the ones in the playoffs, David Ortiz said. Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys 2018 NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys ' ' '
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply